iOS 11 Jailbreak: Some of the smartphone giants impose certain restrictions and constraints on the devices. This prevents unauthorised actions to be performed on the phones. But by doing so, the customers are limited to using only a certain set of applications that are present on the authentic company websites. Hence, some users go for jailbreaking which basically means that the software restrictions are removed that pave the way for newer software which isn’t authorised by the developers.
iOS JailBreaking in Apple iOS devices:
In the Apple products, the procedure of jailbreaking is not considered to be as illegal unless and until it involves infringement of copyrights of the company. After jailbreaking, the devices can still access applications such as iTunes, Facetime and also Apple Store.
Types of Jailbreaking For iOS Devices:
There are different third party organisations which conduct and perform the jailbreaking procedure. These groups employ different methods which are stated below.
- Untethered Jailbreak: In this method, the user can boot the phone without the use of a computer. If a phone is switched off and turned back on, the kernel will be patched up and the device will function and reboot completely. This method poses a lot of problems and requires years of experience and reverse engineering.
- Tethered Jailbreak: To reboot the device, each time a computer is needed and the phone will have no longer have a patched kernel. The kernel may also get stuck in the partially started state. With this method, the user can restart the device without having to reboot the computer.
- There are other Jailbreaking methods such as semi-tethered and semi-untethered which were introduced recently and are used by many software groups.
Procedure to Jailbreak:
There are many different methods which are employed but the basic procedure and steps remain the same. The Jailbreaking mechanism which is uploaded by Pangu is discussed in the following steps.
- On an Apple product such as iPhone or iPod, there are a limited number of browsers that work efficiently. One of them is the Safari and this browser is recommended for the Jailbreak procedure to be conducted.
- Go to the website www.downloadpangu.org and wait for the page to load the results. Once it is done, go to the UP arrow on the screen and tap on it to refresh the feed. The UP arrow is present in the right top corner on an iPad and in the centre bottom of an iPhone
- Once the new options and the results are added, tap on the area which states ‘add to homescreen’. Rename the file as Pangu and save it on the homescreen. After this step, the particular application of the Pangu can be seen on the homescreen.
- By running this application on the specific Apple device, the appropriate updates and jailbreaks can be observed.
- This method doesn’t require any support of a computer or a Mac. Only a steady and fast internet connected is necessary.
The other method is by downloading an application called Yalu:
- In this method, the Yalu Jail Break application is compatible only with the iPhone 5S, 6 and 6S.
- To download the Yalu Jailbreak, there is the requirement of another application Cydia Impactor. It is a GUI tool for the cell phones.
- Install the Cydia Impactor from the appropriate website.
- As the Yalu method is a semi-untethered type, the jailbreak mechanism has to be reactivated once the Apple device is rebooted. To circumvent this problem, the user can install a tool called Extended Installer which does the work of automatically activating the procedure once a reboot procedure is finished.
- Once the application is installed, run Yalu and the Jailbreak procedure automatically starts.
The above steps will help the reader in installing the appropriate applications and carry out the Jailbreak procedure without any problems. If at all the users face any problems, please feel free to leave your queries in the comments below.